What Does a Career Coach Do?
A career coach is a development professional who helps people assess their current situation and future outlook in regard to their career path. Having a career coach is like having a counselor and marketing team right there with you, supporting you and guiding you toward the best version of yourself while helping craft your story that will sell employers and clients on why they would benefit from working with you.
How a career coach helps
- Listens to your story and suggests improvements
- Advises for success in job interviews based on research and practice interviews
- Helps with resumes and cover letters
- Works on your personal branding and marketing toward potential employers and clients
- Trains you on usage of current technologies for your career journey or to benefit your daily life